Articles Comments

11 Responses to "Foreshadowing"

1. As a Newbie, I am constantly searching online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you

2. Clyde Sittig says:

What is the best way for a recent creative writing grad to get an agent?

1. Nancy Ellen Dodd says:

This is a tough question. Everyone gets an agent by different means. I would find what’s been published or produced similar to what you write and find out who the agent is for that writer, then contact that agent. The best results come in two ways: networking/personal contact and doing the research to find out who’s interested in what and where your writing would fit.

3. Silosy says:

I’ve recently started a web site, the information you offer on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

4. Walton Dosch says:

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any suggestions for rookie blog writers? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

1. Nancy Ellen Dodd says:

Write frequently and offer information people are looking for.

2. Thomas says:

I agree, the entry into the competition shloud be free, after all it is our poems you publish in the book you sell and make money off of. I would love to enter the competition for the chance to win the small bit of prize money and just to get another one of my poems in print as well as possibly on audio as I have done in the past by entering free competitions, however I can not afford to send in even one poem. I think the money you make by selling your book with the collections of our poems shloud be more than enough to cover any and all entry/reading fees. The least you could do is have extra competitions that are free to enter or give the writers that you decide to publish a free copy of the poetry book they are published in as a thank you for all the cash put in your pockets with their words.

5. louise says:

“I had to refresh the page times to view this page for some reason, however, the information here was worth the wait.”

6. Fabiola Lury says:

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

7. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My blog has a lot of unique content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any solutions to help stop content from being ripped off? I’d definitely appreciate it.

1. Nancy Ellen Dodd says:

Unfortunately, the internet has made plagiarism easy. Most people copy without giving it a second thought or even considering it plagiarizing. I think the best thing that you can do is to keep putting your stuff out there to help you get known, but save the stuff you can monetize for password protected areas of your website or wherever you can place it for sell. I actually put a lot of stuff out for free, but it has also made me more in demand for teaching, where I make money, and for being invited to conferences, where I don’t make money, but which helps me to get known and sell more books and get more teaching opportunities.